The big game has finally arrived! In a mere five days, the 49ers and the Ravens will duke it out for the Super Bowl XLVII championship title. But before your favorite players hit the field, you’ll need to supply your Super Bowl party guests with loads of munchable goodies. The best treat for watching those great plays? Popcorn, naturally! Suit up everyone’s favorite snack with these fun and easy-to-make football popcorn jars. They’re sure to score a touchdown with your biggest fans!
What You’ll Need
Mason jars (one for each guest)
Brown construction paper
White construction paper
The Popcorn Factory Super Bowl popcorn
- To make the football sleeve for your mason jar, lay a sheet of brown construction paper flat on a table. Using a ruler and a pencil, trace a rectangle onto the construction paper. The rectangle should be wide enough to wrap all the way around your jar and tall enough to cover the jar from top to bottom. The mason jar we used is about 2 ¾ inches in diameter and 4 inches tall, so we cut a rectangle that measures 2 ¾ inches by 9 inches. Carefully cut out the rectangle.
- Now it’s time to make your football laces. Use your ruler and pencil again to trace six very small, thin rectangles onto the white construction paper. They should be small enough to fit onto the brown rectangle and create a football lace pattern. One of the white rectangles should be longer than the other five. Our longer lace measures ¼ inch by 2 ½ inches, and our five shorter laces measure ¼ inch by 1 ½ inches each.
- Lay your brown rectangle horizontally on the table. Using glue, attach your long construction paper lace vertically in the center of the brown rectangle. Then, attach each of the five remaining short laces horizontally right on top of the long lace. Make sure to evenly space out your short laces.
- Your football sleeve is ready! All you have to do now is tightly wrap it around your mason jar and secure it with some tape along the back. If you want your football to look even cuter, tie a piece of twine around the mouth of the jar. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each mason jar.
- Fill the jars with your favorite football popcorn flavors and serve to your pigskin-loving friends! We used Cheese, Buffalo Ranch, Chocolate Drizzle and Almond Pecan.
What other kinds of football-shaped food will you be serving at your Super Bowl Party?