You don’t have to toil and trouble over your Halloween décor! With a few easy-to-find art supplies and some Halloween-themed snacks, you can brew up a wickedly cute witch hat that will spellbind your party guests (no potions necessary).
One Styrofoam cone
Two 15-ounce canisters of Zombie Kettle Corn
One hot glue gun
One Halloween-themed wreath (handmade or store-bought)
- Using the pencil, draw the outline of any pattern of your choice on the surface of the Styrofoam cone. Here, we used a simple linear pattern to create bands across the base and the top of the cone.
- Separate the Zombie Kettle Corn by its four colors (orange, purple, green and black).
- With the hot glue gun, follow the pattern you drew and glue the popcorn onto the cone, piece by piece. (Watch out: Don’t burn yourself!)
- As you work your way up and around the cone, glue the kernels close together—like a mosaic—so the white cone doesn’t show through. Use small broken pieces of popcorn to fill any gaps between kernels.
- Top off the cone with the pointiest popcorn kernel you can find. When the popcorn is completely dry, spray it with glitter.
- To make the brim of the hat, lay the wreath face-up on a flat surface and place the cone in the center of the wreath.
Abracadabra, your witch hat is complete! Add a little extra charm by wrapping it with ribbon and embellishing it with feathers, spiders or owls. Show off your creation by resting it on your fireplace mantel, atop your kitchen counter or next to a cauldron-shaped punch bowl.
Now that our Halloween popcorn series is officially over, it’s time to put our readers to a vote! Which creepy craft was your favorite: the popcorn centerpiece, the popcorn pumpkin or the popcorn witch hat?