Add a patriotic touch to your Memorial Day or 4th of July celebration with red, white and blue tableware! If you don’t happen to have it on-hand, Celebrations.com has a great trick for creating your own – simply use paint! Use disposable plates and cups that you already have on hand for this simple idea, then fill popcorn – regular or our special patriotic popcorn – for the perfect party spread!
Looking for a unique, delicious, and educational activity for the kids this summer? Turn a kiddie pool or large basin into a popcorn-filled scavenger hunt for them to dive and dig in to!
For this kid-friendly activity, we used just one tub of our 20 gallon popcorn and yielded a full day of family fun and snacking. We created special scavenger hunt sheets and printed enough for each child to have their own; the sheets were printed in black and white giving the little ones the opportunity to get artistic and color them in!
To make this an educational experience, pick a theme for your scavenger items and pair it with a mini lesson. For example, if you are asking children to find items in certain colors, pair it with a quick lesson on color combinations (i.e. blue + yellow = green).
Scavenger Hunt Theme Ideas:
Find the letters or numbers (using foam shapes)
Find the animal (plastic animal toys)
Find the color
Alternatively, if planning a party with a theme, pick scavenger hunt props that fit the bill such as characters from the movie or paraphernalia relating to the topic.
Supplies for Pool of Popcorn Scavenger Hunt
Directions for Pool of Popcorn Scavenger Hunt
First, line your pool or basin with a plastic or foil liner. This is to ensure easy cleanup after the activity. Then, dump half of your popcorn into the pool or basin.
Throw your scavenger hunt items into the popcorn. Then, cover with the rest of the popcorn.
Now your popcorn pool is ready for some snacking-filled scavenger fun!
Here are some photos of this creative activity for kids in action:
The kids first gather around to examine the surroundings.
Now, it’s time to start searching for the treasures listed in the scavenger key!
Our famous scoop boxes make it easy to sift through all the popcorn goodness!
A participant records his progress as he makes his way through the hunt.
After the scavenger hunt is over, it’s time to celebrate…
…with more crunchy, buttery, irresistible popcorn!
Schools out and summer is in! Celebrate by inviting friends, neighbors, and family members to enjoy a family-friendly summer movie night filled with food, fun, and irreplaceable memories.
Alternatively, you can make your summer movie night exclusively for the members of your household – just don’t forget to include snacks for your favorite pup!
Summer Movie Night Invitations
Start with the invitations. Provide not only the start time of the event, but also the time you will start screening the movie. That way, if guests are running late, they will know when to be extra quiet and cautious when entering.
The Main Attraction: Picking the Right Movie
As with any event with a group, you want to make the choice that pleases the majority. If there is a special occasion surrounding your event (i.e., 4th of July, FIFA World Cup), choose a movie that can be related to that special theme! If not, it is a good idea to have one first choice movie, and then 3-4 backups just in case.
You may also choose to include a selection of 3-4 movies on your invitation and have guests vote for their favorite – just be sure to state this CLEARLY on the invitation! Here are some family-friendly movies for some inspiration for your summer movie night.
Poppin’ Treats for Movie Night
There’s a reason the traditional movie night treat is popcorn – from its irresistible crunch to savory scent to easy-to-eat bites, the combination is just popped perfection!
Start with an assortment of popcorn fun from our popcorn bowl and snacks set (perfect for a family affair) or for a larger group, opt for our movie night popcorn sampler, filled with 18 individually packaged treats in a variety of flavors.
For dessert, end on a sweet note with our caramel popcorn cupcakes – complete with FREE movie night printable cupcake wrappers for a treat that’s festive, fun, and irresistibly delicious.
What are your suggestions for the perfect summer movie night? Share with us in the comments!
Did you know that each and every popcorn kernel sold by The Popcorn Factory is grown and produced right here in the Unites States of America? Celebrate the land of the free’s birthday with the ULTIMATE patriotic snack – red, white and blue popcorn!
We’ve created free paper cone snack holders inspired by the American Flag to pair with your festive 4th of July snacks for the ultimate Independence Day celebration!
Supplies for Patriotic Popcorn Cones
Directions for Patriotic Popcorn Cones
Print out the patriotic paper cone printables onto medium weight paper. You will need 2 copies of the stripe file for every 1 copy of the star file. Once printed, cut out the design.
Next, apply glue or tape to the grey area of the striped printable. Roll the cone onto itself so the red end of the cone overlaps the grey area. Hold down for 3-5 seconds to secure the glue. Set the cone aside.
Now, take the starry blue strip and fold along the black solid line. Then, use scissors to cut along the dotted grey lines; there are cut lines on both sides of the strip.
Once your strip is cut and folded, apply glue or tape to the back of the tabs you have created (the ones that are blue sans stars on the front). Slowly begin attaching those tabs to the inside of the cone, holding down for a few seconds after each tab to secure. Do this until the entire blue strip is attached to the cone.
Use your finger to slightly raise the edge of each tab for a fun effect. Now, your patriotic paper cones are ready to party!
Stepping out into the scorching summer sun with frozen ice cream could turn snack time into a hot, sticky disaster rather than a refreshing retreat. Looking for a popcorn ice cream recipe that won’t melt into a puddle? These popcorn ice cream cones are the perfectly sweet-and-salty way to cool off on the hottest summer day … without the mess!
12-ounce bag milk or white chocolate chips
The Popcorn Factory’s Popcorn Ball Decorating Kit
1 package ice cream cones
1 large bag candy
Champagne flutes (one for each ice cream cone)
2 large forks
How to Make Popcorn Ice Cream Cones
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat them up for about 2 minutes until the chocolate has completely melted. Make sure to stop the microwave every 30 seconds to stir the chocolate so that it doesn’t burn.
- Dip the rim of an ice cream cone into the melted chocolate, and then place the cone bottom-down into a champagne flute. Make sure the ice cream cone sits snugly and securely in the glass without wobbling around. Fill the cone with your favorite candy and a few chocolate chips, and allow the chocolate to dry.
- Using two forks, dip a popcorn ball from your Popcorn Ball Decorating Kit into the melted chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip away into the bowl. Then place the chocolate-covered ball directly on top of the dipped cone sitting in the champagne flute.
- Before the chocolate hardens, quickly use the giant sprinkles and decorative candies in your Popcorn Ball Decorating Kit to garnish your ice cream cone and make it look even more lifelike! Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each cone.
- Place the cones, along with their champagne glasses, in the refrigerator to cool off for a half hour, or until the chocolate completely hardens. When they’re ready, take the cones out of the champagne glasses and enjoy a deliciously cool snack that’s sure to beat the heat!
What other kinds of refreshing summer snacks will you make with your popcorn this summer?
If finding the perfect gift for dad seems like it’s always the hardest thing to do, keep checking back with us! We have great gift ideas that Dad will both love and be impressed with… let’s jump in!
Unique Father’s Day Gift Idea #2: Father’s Day Weekend Camping
We know you’re brainstorming some great gifts for Dad right now, but we bet the best gift for Father’s Day (and really any time) is some quality time spent together, and we have the perfect gift idea. Enjoy the summer and celebrate a great Father’s Day by going out camping! If your Pop is a big outdoors type or just needs a little vacation, a weekend of camping will be the perfect gift for him.
Pick a camping spot that is more suited to Dad’s interests. Does he enjoy fishing or swimming? Does he like to hike or go on long walks? Is he more of a sit-around-the-campfire-and-relax kind of guy? Check out this national list of campgrounds and see which ones are closest to you and what they offer: here. Once you have a campground picked, the rest of the fun ideas should follow as well as what to pack!
No matter where you decide to go, it’s best to always be prepared. Below is our Top 10 list of Items to Bring While Camping:
- Tent or Shelter: Obviously.
- Food: We have a few tasty ideas for this category later J
- Sleeping bag & blankets: Even though it’s summer, the cool night air is usually a little crisper when you’re in the great outdoors!
- Cot: This could go with sleeping bags, but a cot will help you get a better night’s sleep while also keeping bugs away
- Lantern & Flashlights: Unless you’ve somehow gained night vision…
- Fresh clothes: You may be temporarily living in nature, but there’s no reason to for-go a clean pair of shorts!
- Folding chairs: Comfy for sitting around the campfire and a good place to relax after a long hike.
- Cellphone or two-way radio: I don’t think anyone goes without their cellphones anymore, but in case of an emergency, it’s always nice to have. The radio will come in handy if you lose signal on your cell.
- First-Aid-Kit: Another “obviously”.
- Toiletries: Toilet paper, mouth wash, and the whole works.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a great Father’s Day camping trip without some of our delicious gourmet popcorn! We suggest any one of our best-selling popcorn tins. The tins are perfect to keep our popcorn snacks and treats fresh, bug-free, and scent-free from other critters that come your way! Plus, you can reuse the tins for storage or to help you pack up your belongings when it’s time to leave.
- Popcorn Pals™ Snack Assortment Popcorn Tin: A delicious variety of gourmet popcorn with sweet and savory snacks alike! The perfect weekend snack pack.
- 2 Gallon Popcorn Pals™ 3-Flavor and Pick-A-Fill Popcorn Tin: Pick any of your favorite gourmet popcorn flavor combinations and enjoy! Makes for a great snack to eat around the campfire.
- Snack Attack 3-Flavor Popcorn Tin: Our traditional combination of real butter, Wisconsin cheese, and our secret recipe caramel popcorn; you could never go wrong with this gift!
Check back with us next week for another Unique Father’s Day Gift Idea!